Message from the Chair: John Cole

Apologies for not organising anything for months now – possibly over a year – but as soon as I start to plan in my mind, then Covid rears its head once again.

As far as I am concerned we still exist and have sufficient funds.

There is still a battle to be fought and I have kept up the writing of letters to the “T and A" and “Yorkshire Post". My understanding is that a lot of them have been printed since I get irate comments back from “Leavers" (plus encouraging comments from “Remainers").

I have also just finished reading “Brexit Unfolded" by Chris Grey that has the subtitle “How No One Got What They Wanted - and Why They Were Never Going To") . I have written a review of Grey's book and submitted it to “Yorkshire Bylines". That excellent online publication carries quite a lot about Brexit - for example the “Davies Dossier" catalogues chapter and verse of specific examples of Brexit costs.